Sunday, April 4, 2010

CATIA

In Aerospace engineering, the program CATIA is used. It is a program that basically makes it so you can build a 3D object. Whether it be a plane, cube, bolt, whatever! I will admit, I really do think CATIA is a really neat program. It has all the elements of what id really like to do. (I mean, Come on! I can build a X-Wing or a Viper Mk II! BAD ASS RIGHT?!?!) But like everything... you need to know *how* to do it.

I was introduced to CATIA in Intro To Aerospace #2012. CATIA was to be taught to us by one of our TAs by the name of Trevor. Now, Trevor knows his stuff. It is so impressive to watch him complete a part in ten mins what takes me ten hours to complete. Trevor's skill at CATIA is not doubted at all, but there is a lack of teaching the actual program. I have attempted to learn this program time and time again. I know what has ultimately been my downfall too. Where I live.

CATIA has a license that can only be opened when I am on campus. I live off campus so in my free time I was unable to play around with the program. Which i assume is apart of learning how to use it. I really would take a class that was dedicated to teaching CATIA, but unfortunately they have stopped offering it. So in Astro, Propulsions, and structures #2013, the projects have become far more challenging and difficult because i dont not know how to properly perform an operation.

I know what you are thinking. Whine Whine Whine.

And honestly that is what i do when talking CATIA. You can ask any of my friends. It's just what happens.

But here i am trudging along. My alarm is already set for tomorrow morning. I am getting up and visiting my TA. Hopefully I will come out of there without a beaten spirit... because i will go into his office with one.

I have thought about doing BEDA... it is the 4th and i did post i believe on the 2nd... so i am only missing two days. Eh I suppose i will give it a try.

I need to have a baby so i can name it CATIA and punch it in the face....

On that note,
<3smk

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry CATIA is being a bitch-face. Just stick with it. Without realising it I am sure you are getting better on it every minute. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete